Monday, November 17, 2014

Me, Me, Me


... Sometimes i am sitting around hoping for a miracles...
thinking i should just have one because i deserve one,
because i need one or it’s been awhile since i experienced one...
This is never the formula for a miracle.

Miracles occur when i am busy doing what’s mine to do,
helping people, doing what’s hard when i want to do what’s easy,
doing what i said. Instead of what i feel like doing...
that’s when the miracles occur, never when i am
so incessantly thinking about me,me, me... at all.
in fact, that’s how i create problems.

I create problems thinking about me, me, me.
Comparing myself to the past or to someone else.
Me, me, me...  Scoring myself as in “How am i doing?”
Me, me, me... thinking what someone might be thinking about me...
Oh please... what a drag! When i think about “my problems”
i am drilling holes in the ark... not just a boat, but a big ship
that has a village on it!!! Oh yes, it takes down
all the people around me, too when i am obsessing about me.

When i have my head all about just me,
it’s a dark day for all concerned...
no miracles for anyone then.

No comments:

Post a Comment